Helvetia – Contents and personal liability insurance
Products from Helvetia
Youth insurance (Contents insurance)Fire
Coverage is provided for damage to household goods due to scorching caused by useful fire or other sources of heat for up to CHF 5,000.-. Damages due to crashing aeroplanes and space vessels are included as well.
Additionally covered are damages caused by heating and tank systems (excption: if they are caused by revision works or filling), heat exchangers, all kinds of warmth-producing circulation systems and frost damage to self-installed pipes.
Water damages due to open windows, doors, etc. are excluded.
- Jewellery is generally covered up to CHF 5,000.-.
- Coverage for monetary values is up to CHF 5,000.-. No coverage provided for simple theft.
- Coverage for professional items is CHF 5,000.-.
- Highest insurable coverage for damages of glass is CHF 1,000.-.
- Highest coverage of guests' belongings and entrusted household contents is CHF 5,000.-.
- Highest coverage for costs (e.g. emergency door, hotel expenses, etc.) is CHF 5,000.-.
Is generally CHF 200.- (for acts of God CHF 500.-).
Also covered are malicious damages in the case of burglary or robbery, even if nothing was stolen.
Insurable are damages to furniture glass, windows, wash basins, etc. up to CHF 1,000.-. Also covered are damages caused by glass fragments of the insured glass items to the building or household contents.
Damages caused during the installation of or work on glass objects are excluded.
- Damages to household items during a move of house.
- Product especially for young persons and young adults under the age of 25 who are living alone. The insurance has to be changed at the age of 28.
Private customers insurance (Contents insurance)
Cover generally also includes damage to home contents due to scorching caused by cooking or heating fire or other sources of heat. Damage caused by crash or emergency landings of an aircraft or spacecraft or parts thereof, or meteorites and other celestial bodies is also covered.
WaterExtent of cover
Cover generally also includes damage caused by liquids and gas leaking from mobile installations such as ornamental fountains, fish tanks, waterbeds, pools and piping as well as connected installations and machines (except if caused by maintenance work or refilling), and frost damage to self-installed pipes. Water damage is excluded if windows, doors and similar were left open.
- Maximum cover for high-value contents: 20% of the agreed sum insured (max. CHF 5,000). No cover is provided for simple theft.
- Maximum cover for guests’ belongings and entrusted household contents: 20% of the agreed sum insured (min. CHF 10,000).
- Maximum cover for costs (e.g. emergency doors, hotel expenses): 20% of the agreed sum insured (min. CHF 10,000).
Generally CHF 200 (in case of natural hazards CHF 500).
Cover also includes vandalism occurring during burglaries or robberies, even if nothing is stolen.
Glass breakageOther points to note
Damage to furniture glass, windows, washbasins etc. can be insured. Damage to building or contents resulting from broken glass from the insured glass objects is also covered. Damage occurring during installation or work on the glass objects, and damage and follow-up costs (adjusting tiles, fittings etc.) arising in connection with the repair and installation of bath tubs and shower trays is excluded.
- Bicycles, e-bikes, electronic devices, luggage and sports equipment can also be insured against unforeseen and sudden damage by taking out all-risks cover.
- Earthquakes: home contents can also be insured against the consequences of an earthquake.
- Pet insurance: medical care for pets and horses in the event of illness and accident can also be insured.
- Fire/water/glass: available with no deductible
- Simple theft away from home: double the sum insured possible for travelling
- Cyber damage (cybercrime, purchase protection, credit card misuse) insurable
- Mopeds and e-bikes with number plates insurable against damage and theft (casco)
- Illness and accident cover for dogs, cats and horses can be included.
Youth insurance (Personal liability insurance)
Conditions for driving motor vehicles other than your own
- Loss of liability insurance bonus for motor vehicles of up to 3500 kilogrammes total weight registered in Switzerland, in the Principality of Liechtenstein and EU/EFTA countries.
- Damages on the vehicle following an accident (including towing costs). However, if they are covered by a comprehensive insurance only the retention and the loss of bonus are remunerated.
- Renouncement of the statutory right of recourse in case of grossly negligent causing of damage.
- Liability damage to property as owner of self-inhabited buildings containing a maximum of 3 apartments, a holiday home and an unregistered mobile home with a fixed site is covered.
- Liability damage to property as floor owner is covered as a supplement to an existing building private liability insurance from the owner committee.
- Damage to motor vehicles other than your own: CHF 500.00
- Damage to rented holiday homes, apartments used for holidays, work or education purpose as well as hotel rooms and unregistered mobile homes with a fixed site: CHF 100.00
- All other damages: no retention
- Damage resulting from a second or part-time job are only covered if the income does not exceed CHF 20,000.00 per year.
- Damages caused by persons exercising during sporting activities or matches are covered up to CHF 500.00 also without legal liability.
- Damage to property caused by pets is covered, also without legal liability up to CHF 500.00.
- Liability in case of environmental damage to insured objects is covered, provided that they follow a singular, sudden and unforeseen event that requires immediate measures.
- Youth product, only available for persons younger than 25 who live in a single-person household.
Basic insurance covers:
The coverage applies to passenger vehicles, delivery vans and other motor vehicles and motor bikes.
What about real estate?
Private customers insurance (Personal liability insurance)
- Insured liability is limited to one owner-occupied property containing no more than 3 apartments, one holiday home and one unregistered mobile home in a permanent location.
- Liability claims resulting from condominium ownership are also covered as a complement to the homeowner association's existing property liability insurance.
- Liability cover for builder-owners is included for renovations up to a sum of CHF 200,000.
- Damage to third-party motor vehicles: CHF 500
- Insurance can be taken out without a general deductible.
- Damage arising from a secondary occupation is covered if the revenue is less than CHF 40,000 per year.
- Damage caused by sportsmen and sportswomen during the sporting activity is also covered (excluding legal liability) up to CHF 500.
- Damage to property caused by pets is also covered (excluding legal liability) up to CHF 500.
- Cover includes occasional use (max. 6 days) of third-party motor vehicles. Unlimited use of third-party motor vehicles can also be insured, including cover for damage to rented motor vehicles and vehicles used in the context of car sharing.
- Also insurable are liability claims arising in the context of the insured person’s activity as: teacher, trainer, ski instructor and mountain guide, including search, rescue and recovery costs for participants and students
- Cover is also available for hunters and renters of horses owned by third parties.
Cover applies to cars, delivery vans, agricultural vehicles, trailers and other light motor vehicles and motorcycles.
Insured personsConditions applying to residential property
In a multi-person household, all persons permanently resident in the same household as the insured person are insured. Underage children and children still in education/training are insured even if they live elsewhere.
Cover for childrenDeductibles
Cover generally provided for damage caused by children and other household members who are under age, have been declared incompetent or lack mental capacity, including children being looked after (free of charge), and including those who are only staying temporarily with the insured person.
Extent of cover
Other points to note