Helvetia – Contents and personal liability insurance
Products from Helvetia
Youth insurance (Contents insurance)Fire
Coverage is provided for damage to household goods due to scorching caused by useful fire or other sources of heat for up to CHF 5,000.-. Damages due to crashing aeroplanes and space vessels are included as well.
Additionally covered are damages caused by heating and tank systems (excption: if they are caused by revision works or filling), heat exchangers, all kinds of warmth-producing circulation systems and frost damage to self-installed pipes.
Water damages due to open windows, doors, etc. are excluded.
- Jewellery is generally covered up to CHF 5,000.-.
- Coverage for monetary values is up to CHF 5,000.-. No coverage provided for simple theft.
- Coverage for professional items is CHF 5,000.-.
- Highest insurable coverage for damages of glass is CHF 1,000.-.
- Highest coverage of guests' belongings and entrusted household contents is CHF 5,000.-.
- Highest coverage for costs (e.g. emergency door, hotel expenses, etc.) is CHF 5,000.-.
Is generally CHF 200.- (for acts of God CHF 500.-).
Also covered are malicious damages in the case of burglary or robbery, even if nothing was stolen.
Insurable are damages to furniture glass, windows, wash basins, etc. up to CHF 1,000.-. Also covered are damages caused by glass fragments of the insured glass items to the building or household contents.
Damages caused during the installation of or work on glass objects are excluded.
- Damages to household items during a move of house.
- Product especially for young persons and young adults under the age of 25 who are living alone. The insurance has to be changed at the age of 28.
Private customers insurance (Contents insurance)
General cover also includes damage from scorching and damage to household items exposed to cooking or heating fire or other heat sources. Loss or damage caused by crashing aircraft and spacecraft is also included.
General cover also includes damage due to leakage from tanks or heating systems (except if caused during overhaul or refilling), heat exchangers, all kinds of heat-producing circulation systems and frost damage to self-installed pipes. Water damage caused because of open windows, doors or similar is not covered.
Extent of cover
- Maximum cover for monetary values: 20% of stipulated contents insurance sum (max. CHF 5,000) No coverage is provided for simple theft
- Maximum cover for guests’ belongings and household contents placed in the policyholder's care: 20% of stipulated contents insurance sum (min. CHF 10,000)
- Maximum cover for extra costs (e.g. emergency door, hotel expenses, etc.): 20% of stipulated contents insurance sum (min. CHF 10,000)
Generally CHF 200 (in case of natural hazards CHF 500).
Cover also includes wilfully inflicted damage by burglars or robbers, even if nothing has been stolen.
Cover available for damage to furniture glass, windows, wash basins, etc. This cover also includes damage to the building or household contents caused by shards of glass from the insured glass items. Cover does not include damage arising from the installation of or work on items of glass, or damage and consequential costs (adjustment of top panels, taps, etc.) during repair and mounting of bathtubs and shower trays.
- Psychological follow-up treatment after event of damage due to fire, natural hazards or theft is generally covered (max. CHF 2,000).
- Additional cover for bicycles, e-bikes, electronic devices, luggage and sports equipment against unforeseen and sudden damage is available with the “all risks” cover.
- Earthquake: home contents can additionally be insured against the consequences of an earthquake.
- Pet insurance: additional cover can be bought for the medical care of pets and horses in case of illness or injury.
Youth insurance (Personal liability insurance)
Conditions for driving motor vehicles other than your own
- Loss of liability insurance bonus for motor vehicles of up to 3500 kilogrammes total weight registered in Switzerland, in the Principality of Liechtenstein and EU/EFTA countries.
- Damages on the vehicle following an accident (including towing costs). However, if they are covered by a comprehensive insurance only the retention and the loss of bonus are remunerated.
- Renouncement of the statutory right of recourse in case of grossly negligent causing of damage.
- Liability damage to property as owner of self-inhabited buildings containing a maximum of 3 apartments, a holiday home and an unregistered mobile home with a fixed site is covered.
- Liability damage to property as floor owner is covered as a supplement to an existing building private liability insurance from the owner committee.
- Damage to motor vehicles other than your own: CHF 500.00
- Damage to rented holiday homes, apartments used for holidays, work or education purpose as well as hotel rooms and unregistered mobile homes with a fixed site: CHF 100.00
- All other damages: no retention
- Damage resulting from a second or part-time job are only covered if the income does not exceed CHF 20,000.00 per year.
- Damages caused by persons exercising during sporting activities or matches are covered up to CHF 500.00 also without legal liability.
- Damage to property caused by pets is covered, also without legal liability up to CHF 500.00.
- Liability in case of environmental damage to insured objects is covered, provided that they follow a singular, sudden and unforeseen event that requires immediate measures.
- Youth product, only available for persons younger than 25 who live in a single-person household.
Basic insurance covers:
The coverage applies to passenger vehicles, delivery vans and other motor vehicles and motor bikes.
What about real estate?
Private customers insurance (Personal liability insurance)
- Insured liability is limited to one owner-occupied property with no more than 3 apartments, one single-family holiday home and one non-registered, permanently parked mobile home in the policyholder's possession.
- Liability claims resulting from condominium ownership are also covered as a complement to the homeowner association's existing property liability insurance.
- Principal's liability for renovations up to a construction sum of CHF100’000.
- General cover includes damage caused by children, children in (unpaid) daycare or housemates who are underage, under disability or incapable of judgement, even if they are only temporarily staying at the insured person’s.
- Damage to third-party motor vehicles: CHF 500.
- Insurance can be bought without a general deductible.
- Damage arising from a sideline activity is insured, provided that the income from this activity is less than CHF 20,000 per year.
- Damage caused by a sportsperson during practice or a game is insured up to CHF 500 even without legal liability.
- Property damage caused by pets is insured up to CHF 500 even without legal liability.
- Liability for environmental harm caused in connection with the insured items is covered, provided that the impairment is the consequence of a single, sudden, unforeseeable event requiring immediate action.
- General cover also includes legal protection insurance with a maximum sum insured of CHF 250,000.
- Additional cover can be bought for liability claims arising from the policyholder's activity as: teacher, ski instructor, coach, mountain guide, hunter, renter of third-party horses, person entrusted with business keys.
Cover applies to cars, vans, caravans, agricultural vehicles, trailers and other light motor vehicles and motorcycles.
Conditions applying to real estate
Cover for children
Extent of cover