CSS Insurance – Contents and personal liability insurance
Products from CSS Insurance
Cover also includes scorching as well as damage caused by accidental exposure to cooking or heating fire or other sources of heat up to CHF 5,000.
Cover also includes damage caused by oil leaking from heating systems or oil tanks as well as damage caused by liquids from alternative heating systems.
Not included is damage caused by rain water or melt water that has seeped in through open windows, doors, skylights or work-related openings in the roof.
Cover includes breakage of building and furniture glass or breakage of furniture made of glass-like synthetic materials (including glass ceramic stove tops) as well as washbasins, toilets, bidets, tables and kitchen worktops made of stone in rooms used solely by the policyholder and people living in the same household.
Extent of cover
- Maximum cover for jewellery in case of simple theft at the place of insurance or burglary if stolen items were not locked inside a safe of at least 100 kg or a wall safe: 20% of the insured sum up to CHF 20,000.
- Cover for money and high-value contents: CHF 5,000 (simple theft not covered).
- Cover for home contents outside the home (excluding simple theft): CHF 10,000
- Cover for guests' belongings (excluding money and high-value items): CHF 5,000
- Cover for professional tools and equipment: CHF 5,000
- Cover for expenses (e.g. emergency doors, provisional repair of broken glass, hotel expenses, removal and disposal costs, charges for blocking and replacing documents such as ID cards, passports, credit cards, etc.): CHF 10,000
- Cover for scorching as well as damage caused by accidental exposure to cooking or heating fire or other sources of heat: CHF 5,000
The deductible is generally CHF 200; CHF 500 for natural hazards.
Other points to note
- CSS offers a 10% customer discount to all customers who already have health insurance from the CSS Group.
- CSS offers a 10% discount to all customers who are still under the age of 26 at the time of contract conclusion.
- CSS offers a no-claims bonus of 10% after 3 consecutive claim-free years of insurance, in which it was not required to pay any benefits, up to a maximum of 30% after 8 consecutive claim-free years. This bonus is also offered to customers that were given a corresponding no-claims bonus by their previous insurer. For this, a written confirmation from the previous insurer is required.
Additional cover options
- Simple theft away from home
- Furniture glass and building glass
Personal liability insurance
Conditions applying to property
- Cover includes third party liability for owners of self-occupied buildings (with up to 3 apartments) and for owners of single-family holiday homes.
- Liability claims resulting from your capacity as owner of a condominium are also covered, complementing any existing homeowners' liability insurance from the homeowners association.
The deductible is generally CHF 200.
Extent of cover
Cover for damage caused by children and household members lacking mental capacity is limited to CHF 200,000.
Other points to note
CSS offers a 10% discount to customers who already have health insurance from the CSS Group.
Conditions applying to third-party vehicles
Cover includes cards, motorcycles and delivery vans up to 3.5 t. Damage is only covered if it occurs within Switzerland (including the Principality of Liechtenstein, Büsingen and Campione).
Customer satisfaction with CSS Insurance
5.0 Competence and commitment of employees
5.0 Comprehensibility and clarity of customer information
5.2 Insurer's availability
4.2 Satisfaction with amount of premium
5.2 Handling of claims
4.9 Overall rating
Information about the insurance company
CSS Versicherung AG