Cars & motorcycles


Loans & mortgages

Price comparison

Healthcare & pensions

Other services



InsuranceCar insuranceGlossary
Car insurance

Occupants insurance

Occupants insurance is a supplement and covers the following costs:

  • treatment costs for hospital stays in the semi-private or private ward 
  • daily allowance in case of a hospital stay or incapacity for work
  • lump-sum benefits in the event of death
  • lump-sum benefits in the event of disability

Occupants insurance can be bought separately for the driver, front-seat passengers or all occupants of the car.


Persons living in Switzerland must have accident coverage, either taken out with their health insurance or provided by the employer. Persons who are in Switzerland with a Schengen visa are also required to have health and accident insurance. This coverage therefore only makes sense for persons who often have visitors from abroad in their car who do not require a visa and who are from a country without compulsory insurance.

Spending too much on premiums?

Find the best car insurance deal now!
Compare premiums

Back to top


Stay up-to-date with the latest savings deals as well as expert tips on health, money and tax.

By registering, I agree to my data being processed in accordance with the data privacy statement of
  • About Comparis

  • Career

Social Media
  • DE
  • FR
  • IT
  • EN
  • Contact
  • Data privacy protection
  • Legal information
  • Credits

© 1996–2021 AG, Birmensdorferstrasse 108, 8003 Zurich, +41 44 360 52 62