For the following legal cases or events and with all legal protection insurances, no insurance protection applies:
Legal cases ...
- from the sections family and succession law are generally excluded, however, some insurance companies cover costs of a maximum of CHF 300 or CHF 500 for a one-time consultation.
- in order to ward off compensation claims (here, the private liability insurance helps)
- concerning self-employment
- concerning purchase and sale of securities
- concerning purchase, sale or pledge of property as well as construction, reconstruction or demolition (if an official permit is necessary therefore)
- concerning tax and concession law
- concerning alien / immigration law
- concerning church law
- concerning corporate, associations and foundations law
- concerning gambling and betting
- as a person involved in brawls and fights
- in connection with war, riots and strikes
- against the legal protection insurance provider
- in connection with nuclear fission and fusion or non-ionising radiation
- in connection with unauthorised usage of vehicles
- in connection with driving without a valid driving licence
- in connection with customs disputes
- in connection with commercial purchase or sale of vehicles
Other exclusions – for example in labour law – differ depending on the provider. Therefore, the details are listed for each provider.