Moving to another canton

These are the three most important things to keep in mind when moving to another canton

  • The health insurance premiums may change when you move to another canton. However, this does not entitle you to switch insurers. If another insurer offers you more favourable terms, please note: the termination letter must reach the insurance company by 30 November in order for you to be able to switch on 31 December.
    Comparison of health insurance premiums
  • Notify the Road Traffic Licensing Department of your new canton of residence within 14 days in order to be able to exchange your number plates.
    For this you need the following items:
    • old vehicle registration certificate
    • proof of insurance
    • application for vehicle licensing
  • Compare tax rates at your old and new place of residence: Tax Comparison.
    Comparing taxes is an important aspect when moving to another canton.