Substitute tenant

If a tenant wishes to leave an apartment prematurely, he will usually have to find a replacement tenant, who must be solvent and prepared to accept the tenancy agreement without alterations. The landlord is not allowed to refuse a substitute tenant on grounds of nationality, civil status, etc.