ELVIA – Contents and personal liability insurance
Products from ELVIA
Additional cover against loss or damage due to scorching, power outage or electrical damage as well as loss or damage caused by meteorites, a crash or forced landing of an aircraft, spacecraft or satellite (or parts thereof).
Additional cover against:
- frost damage to water pipes inside the building installed by the tenant
- loss or damage caused by oil or other liquids leaking from heating systems
- cost of water loss due to an insured event
Additional cover for household effects damaged or lost during a move, max. CHF 5000 once every 5 years.
Cover against breakage of glass or glass-like substitutes of:
- furniture glass
- building glass
- sinks, wash basins, toilets (including cisterns), bidets, urinals and partition walls
- additionally, up to CHF 5000 for consequential and complementary damage resulting from glass damage
- Cover for expenses (changing door locks, emergency exits, hotel bills, etc.): up to 10 per cent of the sum insured under contents insurance
- Cover for monetary values: up to CHF 5000 (simple theft is not covered)
- Cover for jewellery: up to CHF 10,000 in case of simple theft and burglary (sum insured can be increased to CHF 40,000 max.). This limit does not apply if the jewellery is locked away in a standalone safe weighing at least 100 kg or in a wall-mounted safe which is built into the brickwork.
- Up to CHF 5000 for consequential and complementary damage resulting from glass damage
- Cover against loss or damage due to scorching or caused by cooking or heating fire or other sources of heat: CHF 2000
- Cover against electrical damage: CHF 2000
- Cover against loss or damage due to a power outage, e.g. thawed frozen food: CHF 2000
- Cover against simple theft away from home: CHF 1000 standard sum (can be excluded or increased on request)
The deductible for natural hazard claims is CHF 500, and CHF 300 for any other claims.
- Apart from items that are no longer in use, all household contents (including bicycles and skis) are insured at their original value.
- Internet discount of 20 per cent
- Contents insurance includes a 24-hour emergency service (up to CHF 1000), a blocking service for customer cards, bank cards, credit cards, etc., and compensation in the event of card fraud (up to CHF 5000 per card or a maximum of CHF 10,000 per incident) and mobile phone misuse (up to CHF 300).
- The concept of underinsurance applies from an amount of loss of 10 per cent of the insured sum or starting from CHF 20,000.
Additional cover options
- Purchase protection
- Emergency home assistance
- Damage to shower trays and bath tubs (selectable sum insured)
personal liability insurance
What applies for motor vehicles owned by others
- Bonus loss of third party insurance for vehicles registered in Switzerland (or FL) up to total weight of 3,500 kg and car trailers
- Collision damages to own vehicle/trailer: Coverage of reparation costs up to at most CHF 100,000.00 (retention is 10%, at least CHF 500.00 and at most CHF 5,000.00). If a comprehensive insurance exists, retention and bonus loss are covered.
- Third party damages which are not covered by vehicle liability insurance (insurance protection applies for vehicles with CH or FL number plates)
- Rented vehicles in Europe: the difference between the locally stipulated and the additionally offered liability coverage, and the legal minimal insurance in Switzerland.
- Liability as owner of a self-occupied one-, two- or three-family house, a holiday home for one family and/or a mobile home at a fixed location which are only used for living purposes is covered.
- This insurance only applies in Switzerland and in the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- Undeveloped property up to 10,000 m2 are also covered.
- The liability as owner of a condominium is excluded.
- Tenancy claims, damage to property in custody or care and all other damage to property: CHF 500 per event or upon handover of keys.
- Damages caused by children and co-occupants unable to reason (without legal liability) CHF 200,000.00
- Damages caused by animals (without legal liability) CHF 2,000.00
- Damage to property due to sports and leisure (without legal liability) CHF 2,000.00
- Owner's and contractor's liability up to a construction sum of
- Self-employed sideline occupations are insured as long as the annual gross income does not exceed CHF 10,000.00
- 20 percent Internet reduction
- In the multiperson insurance, all persons are in included who are living in the same household as the policyholder
- Coverage for for collision damages when driving someone else's car can be excluded for a reduction
- Waiver of subrogation in the case of gross negligence
- Hole-In-One for golfers
Coverage through basic insurance:
What applies for property
Coverage of children
Children are included in the multi-person insurance as long as they are living in the same household with the policyholder, as long as they are under age or single and without employment.
Limitations of benefits
Customer satisfaction with ELVIA
5.3 Competence and commitment of employees
5.0 Comprehensibility and clarity of customer information
5.1 Insurer's availability
4.8 Satisfaction with amount of premium
5.3 Handling of claims
5.1 Overall rating
Information about the insurance company
Allianz Suisse Versicherungs-Gesellschaft AG
Comparison of contents and personal liability insurers