Car marketplace


When a vehicle is matriculated, it is given a licence plate and is registered. It is then authorised to be driven on public roads. The following documents are required for matriculation:

  • Valid document (identity card or passport) for authorisation in your canton of residence; residence permit for foreigners living in Switzerland
  • Insurance certificate for liability coverage
  • Current or cancelled vehicle permit for previously matriculated vehicles (used and demonstration cars) or the customs form 13.20A for the admission of new cars. If you change your canton, you must hand in the licence plates of your old canton of residence.